I haven’t posted about my life since – well, guess. I thought it must have been March. But I was wrong. I haven’t told you guys about me since January the 22nd. What. How is that even possible? We all know that I’m important, don’t we? :]
So, I have no clue where to start, so I’ll just start from February. I don’t even remember what happened in February. It was five months ago, and although it feels like so long ago, when I think about it, it feels like yesterday. I’m such a cliche, eh? So to make things easy for me, and to make things easy on the eyes, I’m going to be grouping things according to months. The things in the months themselves probably won’t be chronological because I’m not some freak who remembers every single detail about every single day, but yeah. There will be a Part 2 of this post, don’t you worry.
- Feb-blog-uary flopped. Majorly. I don’t think I need to add anything else about that here haha.
- I quit working at McDonalds. I decided that, after just over a year of flipping burgers, I’d had enough. That, and I really had no time what with school really picking up and sport on the weekend, I needed time to relax too, right. However, no need to worry, for Josh still has a source of income. I am now a tutor to a few children: 6 if I’ve counted correctly, a grade 2, two grade 3’s, a year 7 and 2 year 8’s. It’s not easy, but I enjoy it and it’s nice experience too.
- My great-grandmother passed away. It was right at the start of March, and it was pretty sudden. She was 95. I miss her, I still do. We used to go visit her in the nursing home once every so often, and I miss her. The conversations we used to have as families going to visit her, the way that she always smiled…everything. She had six children, only two living in Melbourne. The other four all lived in Sri Lanka, including my nana. So we tried to get them to come over. One of the daughters, well, lets just say that she’s not well liked. She came over anyway. The other two sons and my nana all filed to get a Visa to come over here. Thing is, you see, my nana has a bad record; when she came in the 90’s she overstayed her Visa. So they approved the sons, and declined my Nana. I was guttered, upset, the works. I saw it coming, though. So my two uncles came over, and all of my great-grandmother’s children were present except for her eldest daughter. To say I was upset would be to put it lightly. I thought it was really really unfair not just to my great-grandma but to my nana as well. It was just awful. No use crying over spilt milk, though.
- Call me a child, but Pokemon Black and White came out. Hahahaha, I’m so childish. But yeah, on a completely different note the new Pokemon games came out. They’re pretty good games in all honesty. :]
- I got some new furniture, I think. I think this happened in March, that is. When I say ‘new furniture’, I mean a new sparkly red bookshelf which is currently living in my room. It looks really quite cool, and is nice and bright and most importantly serves its purpose well haha. Actually, now that I think about it, I might have got the bookshelf in February. Oh well.
- We made a parody music video to the song Friday. When I say ‘we’, I mean myself, my brother and my 13-year-old cousin. In the music video, I played Rebecca Black, a young girl who is not picked up by her friends at the bus stop, but her totally cool grandparents instead. She asks which seat she can take, at which point the grandparents lock her in the boot. (That was totally my idea, by the way) Her Grandma falls asleep at the wheel and then proceeds to have a rap solo with her husband or nurse or carer or something in the seat next to her. Cool stuff, dudes.
- It was Easter. Yup, in case you forgot. We didn’t do anything at all, though. I don’t think. I can’t remember. But yeah I don’t think we did anything.
- My dad had a knee operation. Oh yeah, that’s why we didn’t do anything for Easter! My dad has had a troublesome knee for a long time, so he had an operation (a reconstruction I think? I’m not sure) and he had to stay in hospital (which was an hour away) for a few days. So we spent a lot of time visiting him and a lot of time in the car, which I used wisely, reading City of Fallen Angels which is stunning, by the way.
- It was the birthday of my brother and father. I quite enjoy speaking in the passive voice. (That is the passive voice, right?) But yeah, my brother turned 12 and my dad turned…well, never mind. We didn’t do anything due to the aforementioned operation occurring a few days prior to the birthdays which were themselves a day apart. Well, we didn’t do anything – yet. Suspense.