random title is random
Finally, the moment you’ve been waiting for, the conclusion of the series of posts in which I tell you about where I’ve been and what I’ve been doing. Hooray!
- Semi-formal! Boy was it an amazing night! I loved being able to dress up all fancy and whatnot and enjoy a good night with my friends. Sure, the night ended a bit sourly (if you consider your date hooking up with your friend at an after-party that you couldn’t attend to be sour…) but, oh well, it was a great night nonetheless. It was quite expensive, though (and we didn’t even go in a limo) and next year I’ve got two to attend, so hooray!
- TAYLOR SWIFT TICKETS = ACQUIRED! Oh. My. Gosh. You have no idea how excited I was about Taylor Swift’s concert. I can’t remember where I heard about it from; I think it’s from her newsletter? I’m not sure. Anyways, I was super duper mega excited about the concert but I was worried that I wouldn’t be fast enough to get tickets since they were going on sale on a Friday, on the day of my formal. Lucky me, my parents have an American Express card so I was able to access the pre-sale tickets, so I’ve got tickets for myself and two of my friends. The website said to expect 7-10 working days for it to be delivered. However, I waited a good 15 working days, and still no sign of the tickets. Then, we received one of those things from Australia Post that they give you when you need to pick up a parcel, and they said that they’d apparently come around twice and this was the final call to pick up the tickets. Um, liars, you never came; if you missed us, you’re meant to leave us one of those note things. Anyways, we picked up the tickets from the post office and I’m really excited. March 13th 2012. ❤
- One year since the Missions Trip. I was pretty nostalgic and looked through all the old photos, and some of my friends from my old school who came on the missions trip last year went again this year with the Year 10’s, and I was super jealous, and looking through their photos it seems like they really enjoyed themselves. Good for them :] (I don’t mean that in a snarky way, I must add. I genuinely mean it in a positive way.)
- School. Well, school’s going alright. I’m still doing pretty well, although I’m kind of worried now since there’s a little over a year until the final exams, and it’s kind of, well, extremely scary. For IB, you need to do at least three subjects at ‘high level’, which is, as the name implies, a higher level, so it’s harder, there’s more work, and there’s an extra exam. I was originally going to do English, Economics and Chemistry but after some consideration I decided to do English, Economics and Physics as my high levels since I enjoy Physics more than Chemistry; therefore my standard levels are Chemistry, Spanish and Maths. High level Maths is virtually impossible considering it’s like first or second year university stuff, and unfortunately since the Spanish course I’m taking is for beginners, I’m not allowed to do it at high level :[
- Tennis. Yeah, I still play tennis. We came fifth out of eight teams once again, which means we missed out on the finals again (only the top four play finals). Funnily enough, it was my fourth season and in all four seasons I’ve played, we’ve finished in the bottom four and I think most of those times we’ve finished fifth. This upcoming Summer season will probably be my last Summer season as, obviously, I’ll have more important things to focus on in November 2012, such as exams.
- Art. I’ve been making some graphics using Gimp, and I have to admit I think I’ve improved quite a lot. I can show you some of my work, if you’d like. *shrugs*
- Books. I’ve been reading a lot as usual, and I honestly don’t know how many reviews I have to write. Like, fifteen, at least, I would say? Speaking of reviews, the next few posts will probably have to be reviews. I want to get a few book reviews up and also a review of Taylor Swift’s album Speak Now, which I purchased last November but still haven’t written a review for, as well as for a few other albums.
Well, thankyou for reading. :] By the way, this is the first time this year since April that I’ve written more than one post in a month. I’ve actually written three posts in three days, which is encouraging. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this up. Thanks guys for always believing in me, it means a lot. Oh, and I was thinking…I joined Club Penguin in August of 2006, which means it’s been five years since Fylliper first joined CP, and in about three months it will be five years since I first started blogging. Wow.